Be Fire Safe at home with Action24
Why it’s important to be Fire Aware at Home
- Cooking, smoking and electrical related fires have significantly increased.
- Heating equipment fires (portable heaters, heating blankets, etc.), are a leading cause of home fires.
- A fire can start in any room and the results can be devastating.
- The number of casualties from accidental fires in the home has now almost doubled.
- The reduction in frontline firefighters due to the pandemic, makes it even more important to get proper fire protection.
- It can take less than five minutes for a fire to engulf an entire property.
Basic home fire safety checklist
- Fire detectors and Fire Alarm Systems are essential for vital early warnings.
- Fire detectors should be installed on every level of your home to quickly detect smoke.
- Be sure to follow heating safety tips for all your equipment
- Fire extinguishers should be easily accessible on every level of your home
- Be sure to have an escape plan for you, your family and your pets
- Be Fire Aware: Be careful not to overload plug sockets
- Ensure candles are not left unattended and put them out before going to bed
- Be sure never to leave your cooking unattended
- Be sure to check your electricals, Christmas trees and decorations regularly
If you believe this article will also help others on how to prevent fire at home, then please feel free to share it. Visit Action24 Fire Protection