How to set up your Action24 smartplug
Add more Smart Home functionality to your Action24 Home Alarm System with our Smart Plugs. Program lighting in your home to turn on/off at set times, and even remotely control your lighting from the Action24 App. Our Smart Plugs also allow you to program your lighting to activate if your alarm triggers – a useful safety feature should your alarm be triggered.
Note: Our Smart Plugs are available to use on home systems installed after September 2016, please contact us for further details.
Step by Step Guide
- Ensure the smartplug is plugged in and within 6ft of the panel before commencing the below.
- Once paired, it can be plugged in anywhere around your home
- Go to your alarm panel
- Tap Services > ZWave > Toolbox (spanner icon)> Enter User Code > Add Device
- Press the button in the middle on the smart plug (it will turn red)
- Panel will search and discover local plugs
- Screen will display when device has been added
- Once added the devices will update on your account within about 2 minutes.
- You can now turn on and off the lights from your smartphone app
- To set schedules and rules relating to lights and to name your smart plugs you will need to log onto your alarm from a pc or laptop. To do so click here and enter your username and password
Setting up Scheduling
- To set up scheduling for your smartplug (e.g. to have the lights turn on at certain times automatically)
- 1 On a PC or laptop go to www.alarm.com
- 2 Click Login (Top Right)
- 3 Log in with your username and whatever password you have setup (same one as your app)
- 4 Click Automation on left
- 5 Click Schedules (Top Middle)
- 6 Click add new schedule (Top Right)
- 7 Tick the box on right of the plug you wish to set the schedule on, if you want to set the same schedule for more than one you can tick multiple boxes.
- 8 Select the days and turn on and turn off times
- 9 Click the “make approx” box if you wish to do so but remember that the on/off times may overlap if the set time is less than the “make approx” time i.e. 45 minutes
- 10 Click Save
Repeat steps 5 to 10 if you wish to add separate/more schedules.
Do you have questions about security? Check out our frequently asked questions, chances are your questions will be listed. If not use the contact us form and we will get back to you promptly.